Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sick and confused

So, I'm sick. Full out cold-turned-into-something-nastier sick. Cancelled a big time work commitment and cancelled my class tonight - which I've never ever done before - because I feel so awful.

The call from my OB didn't help. She wants me to go in to get steroid injections for the baby's lung development. She was very doom and gloom. Says it won't hurt and if I deliver early will be glad that I did it. Called my MFM for a second opinion. They seem to be delivering such conflicting messages.

Can't stop crying. And throwing up. Which is depressing because I'm working so hard to hydrate and eat lots for the baby. Totally wasted on tears and vomit.

Amazing how I can go from totally happy to total despair in 24 hours. Stupid doctors.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, So sorry you are sick. Glad you are getting a second opinion. The more you get into this world of complex medical needs the more you'll find that doctors are people with opinions. They can sound horribly doom and gloom and be incorrect in their assessment. Doctors will talk like they are speaking in absolutes and facts, when really they are expressing opinions.

    It can be really hard to deal with, especially when you are already feeling stressed and sick.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete