Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Water, water, everywhere...

"Waterwaterevery where,: And all the boards did shrink: Waterwaterevery where,: Nor any drop to drink."

Unlike the Ancient Mariner, it is not a lack of water currently plaguing me. After the last appointment where my amniotic fluid is low, I've been completely committed to drinking a huge amount of water per day. A gallon or more. I feel a little bit like I am waterboarding myself. Each glass of water is starting to feel like the next mile on the Inca Trail. 

However.... it may all be worth it!

Had our Biophysical Profile today and the bean scored an 8 out of 8! Hooray! Amniotic fluid is nice and high and everything else looks good. Definitely not delivering a baby this week! Next appointment is at 34 weeks plus - just have to keep going for five more weeks, bean!

2 comments:

  1. Hi :) I've joined your blog from the heart board over at BBC. My son was born with an AVSD. I just saw this post about at points having low amniotic fluid. If it drops again, stevia has been shown to cause an increase in amniotic fluid. It may save you a bit on how much you have to drink. I know my friend's midwife had specific numbers on how much you should take to increase amniotic fluid. My friend was using stevia to sweeten her tea and ended up with polyhydramnios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, Welcome!!

    That's a great tip on stevia. I will definitely check it out. How's your son doing?

    ReplyDelete