Friday, May 3, 2013

Bless you, MC Hammer

Do you know what drew me out of my funk this morning? I hopped in the van to drive to the hospital and MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" came on the satellite radio.

Seriously, who can be melancholy with visions of Hammer pants dancing through your head? So I cranked it up and sang along (because, of course, I still know all the words), and felt better on this beautiful sunshiney day. No matter how sad, I have to not lose sight of how lucky I am to have an amazing son, and a sweet baby daughter, even if I won't have her for long. Plus a lot of really supportive friends and family. Life could be a lot worse.

Not much new to report on Harper bean - who spent the morning fussing and snoozing on Mommy. Very, very bad diaper rash, largely I think because she's havign GI issues and is pooping up a storm. Still on lots of oxygen and having trouble maintaining her temperature. Poor baby girl! :(

Still, it was nice to hold her, sing to her to soothe her, and (when she finally fell into an open mouth sleep, complete with gaspy little baby mini-snores) propping up my feet and reading a book as I snuggled with her.

U Can't Touch This.

No comments:

Post a Comment