Monday, April 22, 2013

Remembering why I love being a mom

Tonight was all about a little Shea therapy. Making oatmeal together, snuggling to read a book, answering a million questions about my big boo-boo (c-section incision) and  breast pump, and remote controlled hockey in the basement. Which had me laughing hard enough to hurt my big boo-boo. Lots.

It was a wonderful evening with my boy and my Lou. And I could almost picture little Harper there, sitting in the bouncy seat, watching. Will she be running around the basement playroom with Shea one day? Maybe yes, maybe no. But she could certainly be part of our happy family. Felt a strong instinct to have a whole houseful of happy kids.

Also am reminded what really wonderful friends and family we have. The outpouring of support has been truly unbelievable. Every time I ask myself why, I need to remember how really blessed we are.

Meanwhile, I checked back in with the NICU and they're moving Harper to an open air bassinett! No more isolette, because she's holding her temperature so well. Hooray! She's still a little tachypnic (breathing fast), so they've given her some antibiotics, in case she's got a low lying infection. Hopefully, she'll tolerate them well.

Sweet dreams, baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment