Thursday, April 25, 2013

When I fall asleep, the nightmares begin

At first, they were all about a baby crying, and I couldn't get to it. The floor would fall away, it would be dark, there would be a maze of endless room - and the baby would cry and cry and I  jusyt couldn't get there,

Now they're about bad things happening to Shea. So very real and so very scary. And I wake up panicked and covered in sweat. The three hours between pumping sessions start to feel endless.

(Although tonight, even as my heart was racing and the tears were coming, Shea called out for Mommy in real life. When I went to check on him he asked for a back rub, "I want you to pet me." Good calming medicine.)

The counselor today asked, "What about you? Are you getting any sleep?"

Um, no,

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should consider asking if the counselor can write you a prescription for something to help you sleep, that's safe for breastfeeding? Not that it would be better to be stuck in a nightmare, but you do need to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete